This section is a collection of the Poor Audiophile’s step-by-step, instructional posts on various topics to help you with your system setup.
Digitizing songs and albums
- How to digitize your LP and vinyl record collection: turntable and phono preamp equipment
- Using multiple CD/DVD Drives simultaneously to rip CDs into iTunes
- S/PDIF vs. Toslink: which is better?
- Equalization: Subwoofer equalization, does it work?
- How to calibrate dual subwoofers with room correction systems (example using Anthem’s ARC)
Home Theater Calibration
Mobile Apps for Audiophiles:
Installation Tips and Tricks
How to find speaker or data wires in your walls
Cut the Cord: Transition Away from Cable TV or Satellite Pay Services