If you’re in the market for one of the killer amplifiers available today, have been saving up for an amazing amp, and you don’t mind a refurbished unit, then you may want to check out this super deal on the Parasound JC 1 400 Watt monoblock amplifier. The amplifier is a beast and able to deliver 400 watts into 8 ohms, 800 watts into 4 ohms and 1,200 watts into 2 ohms. Audio Advisor has only five available and is selling them at 33% off the retail price of $4,495 each to $2,999.99 each.
The JC 1 monoblock allows you to set the Class A power output level manually so that the amplifier can run in Class A for either the first 25 watts when set to the high position or 10 watts when set to the low position.
The Parasound JC 1 400 Watt monoblock is an amazing amplifier in a 4U configuration and has been gushed upon by the various trade magazines.
Here are some specs on the Parasound JC 1:
- Designed by legendary John Curl and CTC Builders
- Ultra-high bias Class A / AB operation
- Exclusive two position bias level adjustment
- Balanced input with discrete circuitry and Neutrik XLR connector
- Continuous power output 20 Hz- 20 kHz: 400 watts RMS x 1, 8 ohms; 800 watts RMS x 1, 4 ohms; 1200 watts RMS x 1, 2 ohms
- Class A power output, 20Hz – 20 kHz: 25 watts, bias set to high, 8_; 10 watts, bias set to low, 8 ohms
- Current capacity: 135 amperes peak
- Direct Coupled – no capacitors or inductors in signal path
- Complementary discrete JFET input stage and MOSFET driver stage
- 18 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 1.9 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer
- Independent power supplies for input, driver and output stages
- 18,000 µF filters for driver stage
- 132,000 µF Nichicon “Gold Tune” filters for output stage
- REL and Nichicon “Muse” capacitors