Peterborough, Ontario — Bryston has announced today the introduction of the model CIW architectural loudspeaker designed for full-range, high-performance audio reproduction. The CIW is a versatile loudspeaker ideally suited to accommodate the requirements of newer surround formats such as Dolby Atmos®, which require ceiling speakers for proper configuration. The CIW is also ideal for any home theater application where traditional floor-standing speakers simply do not fit the décor.
The Bryston CIW is a round coaxial design based on a 6.5-inch aluminum woofer and a 1-inch titanium tweeter. The CIW takes advantage of the same tweeter design found in other Bryston loudspeakers, however the tweeter motor utilizes a neodymium magnet – a compact yet powerful element used to conserve size while maintaining the desired energy in the gap. The CIW tweeter also pivots, enabling the installer to direct the field of dispersion as needed for each application. The CIW’s woofer is also derived from Bryston’s A-Series loudspeakers, noted for high power handling and dynamic capability extending beyond most drivers of this size.
The Bryston CIW is a fully enclosed acoustic suspension design featuring Bryston’s unique anti-standing wave rear chamber. This design produces a controlled and balanced output difficult to achieve from an architectural loudspeaker platform. Two additional form factors—a flange-less and a flush-mount version of the CIW are currently in development as well. “Since Bryston began offering high-performance loudspeakers, our dealers have been asking for an architectural speaker with matching timbre to complete home theater installations,” explained Bryston’s James Tanner. “Now our dealers can deliver a complete Bryston-branded system to their most décor-conscious customers,” Tanner added. The Bryston CIW has an MSRP of $290 each and is expected to ship to Bryston dealers in Q4, 2014.
The Bryston CIW Specifications are as follows:
- Enclosure: Acoustic Suspension
- Max Amp Power: 175 Watts, Min Amp Power: 10 Watts
- Frequency Response +/-3dB: 70 – 22 kHz, +3dB- 9dB: 50 – 22 kHz
- Impedance 8 Ohms
- SPL in Room1w/1m: 92 dB, Anechoic 1w/1m: 88 dB
- Crossover 2.2 kHz
- Tweeter: Single 1″ titanium
- Woofer: Single 6.5″ aluminum
- On-ceiling Dimensions (inches) – 9 5⁄8″ diameter x 3⁄8″
- In-ceiling (Cut out) Dimensions (inches) – 8 1⁄4″ diameter x 4 9⁄16″
- On-ceiling Dimensions (mm) – 244 diameter x 9
- In-ceiling (Cut out) Dimensions (mm) – 210 diameter x 116
- Weight (lbs) each 12.7 lbs – Weight (kg) each 5.761 kg