THX Tune-Up for the iPhone and iPad is now available for free allows you to calibrate your TV and audio system in time for the SuperBowl. Grab it now because it will be a free download only until Monday, February 4th and then will cost $1.99. You can download the app from itunes by clicking here.
The app looks pretty slick and provides video test patterns, photos, and tutorials to help you adjust your display properly based on the lighting in your room.
Some of the video adjustments the app is supposed to help you out with include:
- Aspect ratio, to make sure your TV is showing shapes and sizes correctly.
- Brightness, to make sure that shadow detail and night scenes are properly calibrated and visible.
- Contrast, to make sure that the white detail is distinct on your TV.
- Color, to make sure that colors are look right but don’t have an overly saturated or cartoonish look.
- Tint, to help make skin tones look natural.
- Speaker assignment to make sure that you’ve connected your speakers correctly and that they are assigned correctly.
- Speaker phase, to make sure that your speaker wiring is properly connected with its positive and negative terminals.